Summer season is here and all everyone craves for is a fresh, refreshing bar of ice cream or kulfi! What can be a better option than Rose Kulfi!
Kulfi is similar to an ice cream in appearance but has a denser and creamier taste. It comes in various flavours like Malai, Cardamom, Saffron, Mango, Rose, and so on.
Rose Kulfi: Recipe
Rose Kulfi is extremely easy to make and has a very aromatic taste. It is the perfect dessert for the summer days. It takes about 30 minutes to make this refreshing, flavourful kulfi!
- 1 and ½ cups milk
- 3 to 4 tsp sugar
- 10 almonds
- 5 pista and 1 tbsp chopped pista
- 1 cardamom
- 1 tsp rose essence
- 2 drops pink food colour
- To start with, firstly, take a mixer jar add sugar, almonds, pista and cardamom. Grind it to a powder. Set aside.
- Now take the rose essence and add 1 tsp in a bowl, add pink food colour to it. Give it a good mix and keep it aside.
- Boil milk then simmer for 5 mins and add the almond and sugar mixture to boiled milk.
- Heat it up and simmer for another 5 mins, stirring in between.
- Switch off the heat when the milk is slightly thick and creamy.
- Now add rose essence mix and keep aside to cool for 30 mins.
- Take a kulfi mould and pour it into it.
- Keep it covered with aluminium foil and insert ice cream stick or a wooden stick.
- Freeze for at least 6-8 hours or you can freeze it overnight too.
- Now before serving showing the mould under running tap water for 2 seconds then carefully pull the kulfi out.
- Your Rose Kulfi is ready to be served!
- Garnish with chopped pistachios and serve immediately.