Pulao and prawns are the most favorite dishes within India. A good prawn pulao with everyday spices
is great in its ways. Whenever you wish to have an appetizing rice meal just add in a few extra
ingredients together to make a flavorsome prawn pulao. So this prawn pulao is very simple yet peppy.
You make it using basmati rice which in turn gives an amazing flavor and essence to the dish. So make
the pulao soon and enjoy it.
- Prawns (medium) shelled and deveined 20 ( add 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric and salt to it.)
- Rice soaked for 20 minutes, 1 1/2 cups
- Oil 3 tablespoons
- Cloves 6
- Bay leaves 3
- Cinnamon 1 inch
- Black peppercorns 6
- Green cardamoms 3
- Onion chopped 1 big
- Tomato chopped 1 medium
- Salt to taste
- Kashmiri Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Coconut milk 1/2 cup
- Heat oil in a non-stick Kadai.
- Add cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon, peppercorns, green cardamoms, and sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped onion and fry till its golden brown in color.
- Add chopped tomato and mix well.
- Add prawns, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and chopped coriander and mix well.
- Add rice and salt, mix well.
- And 2 cups water and coconut milk and mix well.
- Cover and cook till prawns and rice are completely done.
- Garnish it with few freshly chopped coriander leaves and Serve hot.