Mumbai, April 16: You must had salad with veggies and chicken, then give mango chicken salad a try. Mango chicken salad is the perfect dish for you and your family this summer.
This simple salad lets the fresh, sweet flavour of mangoes shine through. This extremely healthy and tasty dish will be your go-to dish this summer.
Cooking time for mango chicken salad
It takes about 35 minutes (excluding marination time) to make mango chicken salad.
Ingredients required for mango chicken salad
For making the chicken marinade:
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp garlic, crushed
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
For making the chicken salad:
2 large chicken breasts (700gm/24oz)
1 Tbsp. olive oil for cooking
6 cups cos lettuce
1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 cup cucumber, diced
½ red onion, thinly sliced
½ red bell pepper/capsicum thinly sliced
1 avocado, diced
¾ mango, peeled and diced
3 Tbsp. fresh coriander/cilantro leaves, chopped
1 small red chili, chopped
For making the dressing
¼ cup mango, diced
⅓ cup olive oil
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
¼ cup cilantro/coriander leaves
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
1. To start with, firstly, place the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and mix together.
2. Now, put the chicken breast in the bowl and mix it properly so that it is coat evenly in the marinade.
3. Cover and leave it for anywhere between 1 hour to overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C.
5. Melt 1 Tbsp. coconut oil or olive oil in a cast iron pan on a high heat. Once the pan is very hot turn the pan down to a medium high heat. Cook the chicken breasts for about 3 minutes on each side so that they are golden brown on the outside.
6. Now, put the chicken in a dish and cover the dish with a foil and place the chicken inside the oven for around 20 minutes. Check if it is cooked or else let it cook for some more time.
7. While the chicken is inside the oven, take a bowl and assemble the ingredients for the salad into it.
8. Now, for making the dressing, place all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blitz until you have a smooth liquid. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
9. Remove the chicken from the oven and keep it aside to cool down.
10. Cut the chicken into strip-like structures and place it on top of the salad and drizzle with the mango salad dressing.
11. Your Mango Chicken Salad is ready to be served!