September 27, 2021: Barrack Obama writes, “Pass along the value of empathy to our children. Not sympathy, but empathy—the ability to stand in somebody else’s shoes; to look at the world through their eyes.” That’s what a family does for the making of a better world. Quite a predominant role, right? The smallest social block in the world, is actually the strongest and the most effective in creating worthy individuals- family! National Family Day, celebrated on September 26 annually, kindles and directs the spotlight on the people that matter the most in the world!
Families come in many forms and sizes and under different circumstances, but what they all share is unconditional love and support for those growing on the same family tree. From nuclear family units to extended clans, families can drive us crazy and make life worth living. Take some time today to appreciate the special folks in your life — give them a call, take them out to lunch, or send them a note to let them know you’re thinking of them!
History of National Family Day 2021:
As it was considered for quite a long time that atom is the smallest and indivisible unit in the world, so is the ongoing belief of generations together that the family unit is an indispensable part of human society. The social relationships, expectations, and dynamics between these relatives vary by time and place. Today, Americans are getting married later than ever, at around 28.
The nuclear family unit — parents and children — typically makes up most Western households. In other cultures, extended families share households, and adult children are expected to care for their elderly parents and relatives.
It’s all in the family
Dow the line of history, the definition of family has evolved to include non-traditional families, extended clans, and even tightly-knit friend groups. For those without close ties to their blood relatives, “chosen family” provides much-needed love and support.
The scientific study of the family unit began in the late 19th century and crystallized as a subfield of sociology in the 1960s. Since then, social scientists have paid special attention to the family’s role in shaping individual behaviour and how place and culture affect family structures. Industrialization, globalization, and the development of cheap and fast international transportation have led to rapid changes in relations between families.
According to psychologists, family ties are critical for healthy development. Research shows that the quality of familial relationships has significant effects on well-being. Strong family ties support us under stress, help us process trauma, and boost our self-esteem.
Because family is such an important structure for people around the world, it certainly makes sense to devote a day to appreciating and engaging with the important people in our lives.
Also read: Mizoram man Ziona Chana, who headed the world’s largest family with 39 wives and 94 children, passes away at 76
Fun activities on National Family Day 2021
National family day 2021 activities that’ll brighten the day!
1. Plan an outing
Quality time away from the bustle and din of work life, in the vicinity of the warmth and affection of your beloved family, is a healing influence favourite of thousands!
Whether it’s a day at the beach, a picnic, or a movie, an outing with your family is a surefire way to enjoy some quality time. Pick an accessible activity everyone can enjoy and share a day of reconnecting.
2.Pick up your phone
If you have a huge family that has branched out to several parts of the world, its not going to be just another day, don’t worry!— modern technology makes it easy to connect! Call each other or use a video chatting app to check in with distant relatives.
3. Plan a game day
Games are a super fun way to bond with family. Whether your family is into board games, puzzles, card games, or sports, a little healthy competition will energize your family time. Plus, the winner has bragging rights — until the next game day.
Significance of National family day 2021:
1. It reminds us to reconnect
In this bizarre world where each individual carries the load of ‘to each his own’, where he or she has hardly any real person to bank on or to have his or her back in this world, especially today, there is no other blessing greater than family. Family is always there for us. Too often, we take them for granted. National Family Day reminds us to check in and express gratitude to our relatives who we may not always reach out to.
2. It gives us a chance to appreciate our friends
They say, friends are the family you choose! Well said it is! Not all families are related by blood. National Family Day reminds us to be thankful to the friends who choose to be in our lives and whom you’ve chosen as your eternal mates!
3. It’s good for our health
Good family relationships do wonders for our mental and physical health. Maintaining and nurturing close relationships can contribute to a happier, healthier, longer life.
International Family Day 2021: Wishes to share with your loved ones
1. I feel glad to call you people my family. Getting to celebrate this unique day with you is nothing but a pure blessing from the Lord. Happy family day.
2. It is a great day to celebrate the bonds and joy we share together. Hope to spend every family day with my precious bunch.
3. God has blessed us with such an amazing daughter like you. No matter what, you will always remain our little princess. Happy family day! We love you so much.
4. Let us all come together, spread love and positivity, and celebrate the day with the best intentions of the heart. Happy family day.
5. I hope you know that you will always find us by your side no matter what the situation is. Love you so much, son. Happy family day!
6. Family is you, me, and our kids. I want to hug you all and say — love you so much. Happy family day!
7. I want to start my day with wishes to my family — with you my life is full of colours and happiness. Thank you for everything and happy family day!
8. Love is abstract and it is priceless. The amount of love I hold for you is infinite. Thank you for being my brother, happy family day.
9. Happy Family day, my friend. May God bless your family and give your family all the happiness and prosperity. Take care and be happy.
10. Stars are brighter and days are happier when you have your family members with you. Spend each and every moment with your loved ones and make it a happier life. Wishing you and your family a very Happy International Family Day.