Kolkata, May 8, 2021: If you are looking for the perfect soup to have on a hot, summer day, then look no further and drown yourself in the flavoured-packed and cold Gazpacho Spanish soup.
Gazpacho is a quintessentially Andalucian dish, which has now become common throughout Spain. Gazpacho is basically a cold tomato soup, however, the quality of the ingredients and the preparation really makes the dish stand out. It’s as simple and authentic as it gets, resulting in a silky smooth and delicious cold gazpacho.
It’s pure bliss to enjoy a bowl full of this chilled soup on hot sunny day. This nutrient rich soup is vegan, gluten free and dairy free. Can you ask for anything more?
Cooking time for Gazpacho Spanish Soup
It takes 30 minutes to prepare Gazpacho Spanish soup.
This easy recipe is full of fresh summer veggies. It’s quick to make, and tastes amazing.
Ingredients for Gazpacho Spanish Soup
For the soup:
- 3 pounds very ripe tomatoes (peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped)
- Optional: The insides (not the crusts) of a large, day-old white baguette
- 2 cucumbers (peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped)
- 1 small sweet onion (coarsely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (or any sweet pepper—red makes the colour more vibrant)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar (or red-wine vinegar)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Dash salt (or to taste)
- Dash pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup cucumber (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green apple (chopped)
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1/2 cup hard-cooked egg (chopped)
- Gather the ingredients.
- The easiest way to peel the tomatoes is to boil water in a medium saucepan. As soon as the water boils, turn off heat and place the tomatoes in hot water for one minute. Carefully remove the hot tomatoes. The skin will rub off easily.
- Soak the bread in a few tablespoons of water. Gently remove and squeeze dry.
- Place the tomatoes, bread, cucumbers, onions, garlic, and pepper in a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth. All the ingredients may not fit at one time, so you may have to fill the blender several times.
- Add vinegar and pulse until it is completely incorporated.
- Optionally, you can strain the gazpacho at this step. This will give it a smoother texture. Some people prefer their gazpacho slightly chunky—it’s a matter of personal taste.
- Add extra virgin olive oil little by little, while the blender is running until completely incorporated.
- Once gazpacho is completely blended, pour it into a large non-metallic bowl. Season with additional vinegar and add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Garnish each serving with the chopped vegetables, croutons and egg if desired.
- Serve the gazpacho chilled.
- Place ice and water in a large bowl or pot and place in the sink.
- Put the bowl or glass blender gazpacho into the ice water.
- Stir the gazpacho to ensure it cools evenly.