Let’s us remember the man with a charming smile on the birth anniversary of Sushant Singh Rajput.
“Jis mehfil ne thukraya humko, kyun us mehfil ko yaad kare … aage lamhe bula rahe hai, aao unke saath chale”- Dil Bechara
The dynamic and versatile actor who won our hearts with his acting and down to earth behaviour will always rule our heart even when he is not there. Sushant Singh Rajput, the actor, the national Olympiad winner in Physics, the genius intellect he had was commendable.
Birth Anniversary of Sushant Singh Rajput
The actor was born on January 21, 1986 in Patna. He was the youngest of the five siblings nicknamed as ‘Gulshan’.
He had keen interest in astrophysics right from the beginning. He later on won National Olympiad in Physics. Later, he studied Engineering in the mechanical branch at the prestigious Delhi College. Although, he joined in the engineering course but he was not so passionate about it. During his course he took admission in the Shiamak Davar’s dance academy which he enjoyed immensely.
He was a passionate and good dancer hence, got many chances in Bollywood.
He appeared as a background dancer in Taal and was also a part of Aishwarya Rai’s performance in the closing ceremony of 2006 Commonwealth Games. In the final year of the college, he dropped out of the college and joined the ‘Ekjhute’ theatre group in Mumbai.
After, working in the theatre group for a brief period of time, he got chance to work for Balaji Telefilms. He played the role of Preet Juneja for Kis desh Mein Hai Mera Dil serial. His impressive acting in the show and the potential he had made Ekta Kapoor cast him in the lead role of Manav in the serial Pavitra Rishta.
Sushant made Manav from Pavitra Rishta, iconic
The iconic role of Manav ruled everyone’s heart and he became a household name. He won the Indian Television Academy Award for the Best Actor for the serial Pavitra Rishta. He also appeared in various famous shows like Zara Nach Ke Dikha and Jhalak Dhikla Jaa.
Sushant’s big break in Bollywood
Sushant did not just stop in acting, he later on assisted Mohit Suri for Raaz 2 before moving to United States to gain more knowledge about acting. He got a break in Abhishek Kapoor’s film Kai Po Che in 2013 which received critical acclamation and commercial success. After debuting in Bollywood, his acting career rose to more heights and he started working for different films and various banners.
Movies like M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story, Kedarnath, Chhichhore, Dil Bechara and many more are some of the most remarkable movies he acted in. He received enamours popularity, love, fame and affection from around the world.
Sadly, the acting career and his life ended when he breathed his last on June 14, 2020. His demise shook the whole world and people were badly affected by it. But, one must remember everything has to end one day and death is uncertain. Let’s all think about him and have a smile for how phenomenal he was at everything, let’s pray that wherever he is he rests in peace.
Some facts to look back upon on the birth anniversary of Sushant Singh Rajput:
- He was an excellent learner and he had also secured the 7th rank in an all-India competitive exam. He had the talent of writing from both the hands and not just that he also knew to play guitar. In short, he was a blessed and multi-talented soul.
- The love for astronomy he had is nothing new to anybody. He owned a highly advanced telescope and Boeing 737 Fixed Base Flight Simulator in his house to see the land he owns on the moon and the Saturn rings in the space hours. He also has been to NASA for prepping up for a role.
- Sushant’s name also includes his mother’s first name with whom he was really attached. He lost his mother in 12th standard and often used to pen down poetry for her on social media.
- Sushant is very fond of cars. He owned a Range Rover SUV, BMW K 1300 R motorcycle, and Maserati. His childhood love for Maserati Quattro Porte is known to everybody. But, did you know all his cars have the same number ‘4747’?
- He started his career as a background dancer and was part of the song Dhoom Again behind Hrithik Roshan.
- Sushant has passed 11 National Engineering examinations before stepping into acting.
- He was taking training to operate airplanes for the shooting of an upcoming film.
- Sushant Singh Rajput joined the theater of Nadira Babbar to go to films. During this time, he was seen in a TV commercial Ad of Nestlé Munch.
- Sushant Singh Rajput had to audition a total of 12 times for Kai Po Che Movie.
- Sushant has been a student of famous choreographer, Shiamak Davar. He also performed at the 2006 Commonwealth Games. After this, he has also acted as a background dancer at the 51st Filmfare Awards.
- He was part of NITI Aayog where he used to promote the Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP). Rajput was also involved in Sushant4Education to help young students.
- For his performance in M.S. Dhoni-The untold Story, he received his first nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actor. He received the Best Male Debut award for Kai Po Che though.