Lora’s Baked Basket is back with a few more delicious recipes to keep your tastebuds watering. Golden caramel sauce or crunchy ginger cookies, or both? Take your pick.
Caramel sauce by Lora’s Baked Basket
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 3 tablespoons (45 grams) unsalted butter, in cubes
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) thick Amul cream or heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the water and sugar over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture starts to bubble just a little.
- Put the heat to medium and bring to a boil, stop stirring completely.
- Let the mixture continue boiling until it turns an amber color, this could take about from 5-10 minutes.
- Add the butter and keep stirring with your balloon whisk. Be careful.
- Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the heavy cream. The mixture will bubble up quite a bit, so make sure to do this very carefully.
- Now add in your vanilla and the salt.
- Pour the caramel sauce into a dish and allow to cool completely, then cover tightly and store in the refrigerator. The caramel sauce will thicken up some once it’s cooled and refrigerated.
Ginger Cookies are a big draw for your kids and friends and family.
Check out this video, showing how to make such delicious cookies with premium ingredients.
Baking tip of the week:
Weighting ingredients are important in baking.
Weigh your cookie dough If you wish to have all the cookies of the same size . They really look so beautiful. Lora has shown how to keep proper distance in the baking tray.
Such small tips can really make or break your baking items.
Lora’s Baked Basket
It’s time to transition the current from B2C to B2B models of business and explore new frontiers, says Lora Ray of Lora’s Baked Basket.
Lora holds an engineering degree in Electronics with a MBA in Sales/Marketing ,who left her 9-5 MNC job and took a plunge into the business world with her passion in baking and an eye for creative beauty.
She had her first tryst with the world of fresh baked confectionaries during her stay in Mexico and she started dabbling with baking after she returned to Hyderabad experimenting and introducing new flavours.
Being health conscious, her deep love for baked goodies and natural flavors, inspired her to take up the baking more seriously.
Her skills steadily gained momentum, appreciation by people around her and with an encouraging husband, she decided to start her own business in 2014 along with being a full-time mom!
Since then, Lora’s Baked Basket has come a long way catering to a niche and dedicated customer base.
Best known for its custom cakes and other confections, Hyderabad-based Lora’s Baked Basket offers handmade, handcrafted personalized theme cakes, with customised flavours for all celebrations and all occasions, as well as cupcakes offering an array of flavours, cheesecakes, brownies and mousse.
She also loves to share her recipes and encourage others to bake for their loved ones and follow their passion.