Mumbai, March 13, 2021: If you haven’t tried bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed chicken breast before, then trust us once you have had it, you would crave for more. Perfectly seasoned and bursting with cream cheese, mozzarella, and bacon, this will be your new favorite meal.
Cooking time for Bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed chicken breast
It takes about one hour to make Bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed chicken breast, a super yummy dish.
Ingredients required for Bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed chicken breast
- Cooking spray
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 60g cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 8 slices bacon
- 1-pound small new potatoes halved (can also use regular sized potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces)
- Chopped parsley (optional)
Step by sṭep process
How to butterfly a chicken breast
Hold the chicken steadily with one hand and then use a sharp knife to slice halfway through the breast and stop about halfway into the chicken to make a pocket-like structure.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
2. Using a small knife, cut a slit lengthwise partway across each chicken breast to create a deep pocket.
3. In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, parsley and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spoon the cheese mixture evenly into the pocket of each chicken breast.
5. Alternatively, you can put the filling into a plastic bag and snip the tip to create a makeshift pastry bag to squeeze the filling into the chicken.
6. Season the top of each chicken breast with salt and pepper then wrap 2 slices of bacon around each chicken breast.
7. Place the chicken breasts on the sheet pan; scatter the potatoes around the chicken.
Coat the potatoes in cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
8. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Broil for an additional 3-5 minutes or until bacon is browned and crispy.
9. Serve immediately, with chopped parsley as a garnish if desired
Tips to be kept in mind
Seal the chicken breasts with a toothpick to prevent any spillage.
Make sure to remove the toothpicks before serving.
The filling for the chicken can be made up to 3 days in advance
Do not use thick cut bacon for this recipe, as it will take longer to get crispy in the oven