Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, who is popularly known as Dr. B R Ambedkar, is the father of the Indian Constitution.
A brief on the Dr. B R Ambedkar
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar who was a great educationist, economist, as well as the chief architect of the Constitution of India. He had fought all throughout his life to remove degradation, discrimination and deprivation from the traditional Indian society.
His early life
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar was born on April 14, in the year 1891. His father was Ramji Maloji Sakpal and his mother was Bhimabai Murbadkar Sakpal who gave him birth in the Mhow region in Madhya Pradesh. Ambedkar hailed from humble family backgrounds but later on in his life, he went on to become one of the greatest leaders of India.
And today on his 130th birth anniversary, here are some rarely known facts about our beloved Baba Saheb.
Rarely known facts about Dr. B R Ambedkar
- The original name of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar was actually Ambavadekar.
- Dr. Ambedkar was the first ever Indian citizen to pursue a doctorate in economics abroad, in a foreign country.
- Dr. Ambedkar’s first important crusade was the Mahad Satyagraha which took place during the year of 1927.
- Dr. Ambedkar had played a major role in the establishment of the Reserve Bank of India in 1935.
- B. R. Ambedkar was the man behind the changed working hours system from fourteen hours to eight hours in India.
- B. R. Ambedkar was the one who had opposed Article 370 of the Indian constitution.
- Dr. Ambedkar was the first ever person to suggest the division of Madhya Pradesh and Bihar.
- Dr. Ambedkar had fought for three long years to get the comprehensive Hindu Code Bill passed. This bill provided numerous important rights to the Indian women.
- B. R. Ambedkar had put immense efforts in the pioneering of the development of India’s national policy for electricity and water.
- Dr. Ambedkar’s autobiography is even used as a textbook in the curriculum of Columbia University.