Home Odisha News How to access the Budget by the Odisha Government: Here’s all that...

How to access the Budget by the Odisha Government: Here’s all that you need to know

Anyone who has a smartphone can access the Budget by the Odisha government for 2021-22 through the National E-Vidhan Application which has a short form NeVa. Download the NeVa app, click on the Odisha Assembly Tab.

For the first time, Odisha is set to provide the State Budget 2021-22 to the common man as it is presented in the Assembly from this year onwards. Anyone who has a smartphone can access the Budget by the Odisha government for 2021-22 through the National E-Vidhan Application which has a short form NeVa.

How-To-Access-The-Budget-By-The-Odisha-Government-Utkal-Today
Image- Odisha Gov

How to access the budget by the Odisha government?

The NeVa application needs to be downloaded and then the Odisha Assembly Tab has to be clicked on, and then only one can access the budget by the Odisha government as it has been reset by the finance minister.

The speaker Surjya Narayan Patro said Odisha is the first state that is going to present the budget in the digital mode.

He added that the members will be allowed to have pen drives which will have the budget speech and other details. They can also have access and read the speech on their iPad.

This time no budget book would be printed and everything would be paperless from this year. Even the question and answers would be paperless, this year onwards.

Some new regulations have been introduced such as the legislators will ask questions in the online mode and they will get the replies from the respective ministers on the NeVa app with the help of their mobile phones.

He said that an up-gradation of Assembly to the e-Vidhan Sabha will be made at an estimated cost of Rs 8.56 crore. It is stated that the center will be bearing 60 percent of the cost, the rest 40 percent will be financed by the state government.

Also Read: Niti Aayog’s Aspirational District program in Odisha

Last-Year’s-Budget-Access-Budget-By-The-Odisha-Government-Utkal-Today
Image- Reality Plush Magazine

Last year’s Budget:

Last year, the printing of the budget documents was almost done away with the introduction of e-budget 2020-21 due to the green initiative. The e-budget put forth the cutting of 75 lakh pages which almost saved 1,000 trees.

The sources say that this year 150 pages which is double of last year shall not be printed. This will result in saving almost 2,000 trees which is a great thing.

Last year, minimum copies were printed only to circulate among the media persons and others. And this year may be the media persons shall not receive any copies and they too need to download it from the website of the Finance Department.

Written by Shreshtha Ghosh

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Solve : *
18 − 13 =


Most Popular

Sanjita Mohapatra of Odisha secures the 10th rank in UPSC

Sanjita Mohapatra of Odisha made the state proud by winning laurels by securing the 10th rank in the prestigious Union Public Service...

Hindu civilization is in peril?

Image: Utkal Today Bhubaneswar, June 7, 2021: “The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order” is...

Ganesh Chaturthi: Celebrating the God of wisdom

Ganesh Chaturthi is a time to pray to the Lord who is known to be the remover of all obstacles from our...

Engineer’s Day: Marking the birth anniversary of M. Visvesvaraya

Every other home in India has an engineer, producing the largest percentage of engineers in the world. If engineering was a religion,...

Recent Comments