Ahmedabad, April 16: Aam Kadhi is a Gujarati dish, which has a very unique flavour to it. This dish calls for both unripe and ripe mangoes to make a tangy, sweet kadhi that is ideal for the summer season.
A supremely delicious dish, it can be easily made at home!
Cooking time for Aam kadhi
It takes about 20 minutes to prepare aam kadhi.
Ingredients required for aam kadhi
1 cup Aamras, (mango puree)
1/4 cup curd (yogurt)
2 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (Haldi)
3 cups Water
2 Dry Red Chilli
1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
1 inch Ginger, finely chopped
1 sprig Curry leaves
2 teaspoons ghee
Salt, to taste
1. To start with, firstly, first whip up the aamras, curd, besan, turmeric powder and water in a medium bowl and make a fine paste with no lumps.
2. Take a saucepan and pour the Aamras mixture into it.
3. Now, add the salt and whisk continuously until the aamras kadhi begins to thicken. Keep whisking it until it thickens and has no lumps in it.
4. Take a bowl and pour the Aamras Kadhi into it. Turn on the heat and keep the flame low, and simmer it for around 10 minutes to make sure that all the falvours have come together.
5. Take a tadka pan, and heat it over a medium flame. To this, add cumin seeds, dry red chilli and curry leaves. Allow the mustard seeds to crackle.
6. After it crackles, add the chopped ginger red chilli powder, asafoetida and saute for a few seconds.
7. Now, pour this tadka over the Aamras Kadhi and give it a quick stir and make sure it mixes well in it.
8. According to your taste preference, add salt if needed and adjust accordingly.
9. Turn off the flame.
10. Your Aam Kadhi is ready to be served with steamy rice and enjoy its deliciousness.